Donna Sparx has taken the hoopla to thousands of people (aged 2-72) through classes, workshops, community events, corporate programs and festivals. Merging 15+ years of experience in community development, strategy, training and health and wellbeing, Donna is unique, creative and effective in her approach.
2014-2016: Head Hoop Honcho, Hoop Sparx: Developing, designing, delivering and marketing interactive hoop dance programs for corporates, community organisations, schools, holiday programs, and regular classes.
- Partnered with GU Health to launch Australia’s first Corporate Hoop Program to reduce absenteeism and increase productivity
- Team building hoop-play session for 50 staff at ISPT
- Fun fitness workshop sessions for people with disabilities with Friendship Circle
- Facilitated a hoop dance workshop at a World Heritage Site in Malaysia
- Taught thousands of individuals aged 2-72
2010-2014: General Manager, Business Development at On the Line: developed and implemented business development strategy to support growth and diversify income streams.
- Raised $2.5M over 3.5 years through product sales, corporate partnerships, donors, philanthropic and government funding.
- Informed strategy through cross-sector conversations, needs analysis and gap-identification to develop new areas of business
- 70 trust and foundation applications; 13 government tenders; numerous corporate proposals; and acquittals.
- Developed content and collateral for print and online media, and sponsorship proposals.
2010: Project Manager, Family Fun Day, Jewish Care Victoria: project managed a festival aimed at raising awareness and funds for services.
Achievements: 98 sponsors and donors engaged; 1700 punters; 80 volunteers; $30,000 raised.
2008-2009: Manager of Youth Engagement, Jewish Care Victoria: managed 4 Youth Engagement programs working within a youth and community development model.
2005-2008: Mentee Coordinator, Future Leaders Program, YWCA Auckland: coordinated a leadership, skills development and mentoring program.
2005: Drug and Alcohol Worker, Auckland City Mission Detox
2004-2005: Project Officer, Darebin Community Building Project, Strategy and Governance Department, City of Darebin.
- Master of Creative Writing, Publishing and Editing, Melbourne University (in progress)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts, Victorian College of the Arts / Melbourne University
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment, Sandybeach Community Centre
- Certificate IV Community Services (Alcohol and Other Drugs), RMIT
- Certificate IV Community Services (Youth Work), RMIT
- Certificate IV Sound Production, RMIT
Want to know more? Please see my entire CV.